Wednesday 27 January 2010

In Search of Adventure

Inspired by 3 word wednesday: beacon, grieve, kindred.

The dawn breaks, spilling soft gray light
We’ve left Southampton’s hectic docks
And now sail under cliffs so white
The Needles' constant, steadfast rocks

The lighthouse shines at ocean’s side
A beacon casting out its beam
It flings its message far and wide
And sends me to follow my dream

But tell my kindred not to grieve
For though I journey far away
Deep in my heart I do believe
That I will return home one day

8 comments:

  1. Adventurous and hopeful. I like it.
    http://gildorianne.blogspot.com/2010/01/three-word-wednesday-haiku.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a really good feel to it, a good vibe.
    Not sure what happened to your first comment. There was nothing in the spam folder. Glad you were able to post. This is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to go on an adventure too! There's a timeless quality about this poem.

    aka Andy Sewina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the adventure, the adventure! It feels so right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great adventure is waiting! Great use of the prompts

    Attendance Optional

    ReplyDelete
  6. it flings it's message far and wide - I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gone but will perhaps someday return in a different form

    ReplyDelete